The SimpleInvoices forum has moved to Google Plus - this forum is now read-only
Dashboard update (added graphs)
  • mattantwestmattantwest August 2010

Hi guys,

I've been working on integrating flot with simple invoices so that report data can be displayed in graphs. The first stage has been successful and now data is interpreted in a graph on the dashboard.
    The update has still got a bit of work to be done on it and I plan to integrate this with the individual reports in the not-to-distant future.

In the meantime I've set it up on one of my development sites, feel free to go and have a look. The database is just full of sample data so feel free to add/edit/delete invoices to test it out.
    The site can be found at:

[URL]http://filecity.co.uk/si-dev-open/index.php?module=index&view=index[/URL]

Let me know what you think, when I'm convinced there are no bugs I will commit the changes so future versions of SI can take advantage of this.

Cheers,

Matt

• jmruasjmruas August 2010

Amazing!
    Congratulations, Matt!

Jos

• justinjustin August 2010

great work!!

and thanks for using a javascript based prodcut rather than flash!!!

some comments

[IMG]http://imgur.com/HUVDR.jpg[/IMG]

cheers

justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback!

@justin
    I've made the alterations, take a look at the sample site again to see the updated version.

I have tested it on a HTC Desire using the WebKit 3.1 browser and everything works fine. I cannot confirm iPod and iPad support but it should work fine on those devices too.
    I'm planning to add buttons below the graph to change the data that it is displaying, this won't work for all the reports as there is not enough data to make it work but hopefully this should be on the sample site soon.
    I will use AJAX to do this so that the page doesn't have to be refreshed.

thanks!

just add a couple of other graphs below aswell to look niced

maybe add some pie chart of similar to show debtor aging - ie. 10% in 30 days
    etc..

and svn commit once all ok

cheers

justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au

Hi Justin,

I'm currently having a few issues getting data to display in more than one graph.
    I am going to commit the current working version and then hopefully update this later once I've got it working properly.

matt

thanks matt!!

1 graph will be fine for now

cheers

justin

• mobius1980mobius1980 February 2013

Hi everyone, I'm new to SI and loving it so far... Just wondering how I update SI to show the graphs spoken about in this thread? I apologise if I've missed something.

• mattantwestmattantwest February 2013

Sorry mobius, this was dropped.

Categories