The SimpleInvoices forum has moved to Google Plus - this forum is now read-only
Welcome to the Simple Invoices forum
  • justinjustin June 2008

Hi All,

Welcome to the Simple Invoices forum - If you've got any Simple Invoices problems, ideas, queries, request for help, whatever. Ask away! the more queries the better

the more issues raised, the more stuff gets fixed, the better the code get :)

This forum is the successor to our old Usebb based forum which itself was a successor to our old mailing list which is available for browsing at http://groups.google.com/group/simpleinvoices

RSS and Email alerts

Want to automatically keep in touch with the latest happening of Simple Invoices subscribe ( http://www.simpleinvoices.org/subscribe ) to the Simple Invoices blogand be automatically notified of News, Updates etc..

Also you can subscribe to a particular discussion by click on the 'Subscribe to discussion' link in the Notification section of the left side menu

Html/BBcode ?
    - This forum allows limited html you can use <code> tag to post code statements and <blockquotes> for quotes

Note:

If your are posting about errors you are getting please add the following information in your post
    - PHP version:
    - MySQL version:
    - Browser:
    - Operating System:
    - and Server Operating System: (only if you have installed Simple Invoices on a PC other than the one your accessing it on)

Developers:
    You can join the dev discussion on our group over at Posterous. You can find it at http://dev.simpleinvoices.org

Cheers

Justin Kelly

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au
  • justinjustin June 2008

note: if your from our old forum and have any issues with the new forum please let me know at : http://simpleinvoices.org/forum/discussion/542/new-forum/

Cheers

Justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au
  • mgml01mgml01 September 2008

Hello All,

Firstly, Great work! I love simple invoice. I have set up simple invoice on my Ubuntu 8.04 machine, running on appache2.2.8, php5.2.4, mysql5.0.51a, firefox3.0.1.
    It all works good, except on large quotation/invoice when export to PDF, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1572864 bytes) in /var/www/simpleinvoices/library/pdf/css.padding.inc.php on line 43

My php ini file is set to 36MB of Mem

Not sure what to check?

• justinjustin September 2008

Hey Mgml01,

36MB should be OK - try uping it to 48MB and see what happens

Cheers

Justin

• mgml01mgml01 September 2008

I finally worked out my problem. In Ubuntu, under /etc/php5 we find two php.ini files located in;

/etc/php5/cli/
    /etc/php5/apache2/

I was looking at the php.ini found in /etc/php5/cli/php.ini, once I added 32MB to the php.ini found in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini, problem solved. I can now generate PDF files.

I'm one happy camper!

good to hear its now working !!

Cheers

Justin

• debbiedebbie September 2008

Hi,
    I am Debbie Kramb a homeschool mother of 4, we have been using simple invoice for our homeschool band since last year and we truly love it. We are a non-profit organization with no fund and we use simple invoice to bill our band members to pay the director. Thank you so very much for your program.

I am having difficultly this year though. As I emailed a bill to myself and another band member as a test, I received this message:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 157121 bytes) in /xxxxxxxxx...xxxxx/modules/include/mail/class.smtp.php on line 307

I don't know what to do!!! Please help me. I am just a mom who is not very computer literate. Please help me!!!

Thank So Much!
    Debbie Kramb

Thanks Debbie

great to hear Simple Invoices is working for you !! apart from the email issue :)

hope you don't mind - i've added your kind words onto website
    - http://simpleinvoices.org/start#what_people_are_saying

re email issue
    - john has emailed me to say hes now fixed this up for you
    - to make pdf work a small change has to be made to your php.ini file
    -- refer http://simpleinvoices.org/documentation#export_to_pdf

Cheers

Justin

• hashmat00hashmat00 December 2010

if i install the simple invoice so can everyone register and use it as a open for everybody to reigster and use it for their clients.
    like if we offer free invoice service for people?

• aducomaducom February 2011

That's currently not supported.

• coffee412coffee412 March 2011

Hi, Im new to simpleinvoices and have just started using the latest version for a home computer business that Im starting. I have to say that this really fills a great need in keeping track of customers and getting the invoices out. Thank you so very much for your great program! We run linux on all our systems here and so it can be a challenge to find something that works for us. Well, This is the 'cats meow'. Keep up the great work!

coffee412

• brodieboybrodieboy July 2011

Hi there,

I'm having the same problem with Debbie.

Everytime I try and publish as a PDF or email the invoice I get a fatal error:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/hostypro/public_html/invoice/library/pdf/css.pseudo.table.border.inc.php on line 45

What can I do to fix this?
    Also, I used softaculous to install this.

Thanks for the great program. :)

Alexander

• spectraspectra November 2011

Hey There.
    Looking for an invoice solution for a small IT consultant, me :)
    Anyhow, I've settled on SI. Nice job.
    One question, about logins.
    Customer - basically my clients I do work for, right ?
    Biller - that's me, person(s) that can create and manipulate invoices, right?
    Users - I assume this is to facilitate the need for username and password just to get into the system once it's online and running.

So, my questions are:
    What would I do to get this behavior. I want my Customers to login and see their own invoices ?

If users is to get you logged into SI then where do you go once logged in ? When does Biller and Customer come into play ? Would it be ad invoice creation time that biller and customer is used ?

thanks in advance

This discussion has been closed.
← All Discussions

Categories