The SimpleInvoices forum has moved to Google Plus - this forum is now read-only
Simple Invoices 2009.1 released!!
  • justinjustin September 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm very happy to announce the release of Simple Invoices 2009.1!! Grab the download from:
    http://simpleinvoices.googlecode.com/files/simpleinvoices.2009.1.zip

This release has been more than 2 years in the works - thanks to all involved!

New stuff:
    - Dynamically add/edit/remove invoice line items
    - Editable product prices in invoices creation/editing
    - Multiple tax rates per line item
    - Tax rates can be dollar or percentage based
    - 'Manage' grids re-developed
    - UI re-developed
    - Basic installer added
    - Itemised and consulting style invoices merged
    - PDF re-developed
    - should fix alot of peoples PDF problems - note: will have to bump php max mem upto 64M at least - refer install docs
    - User management added
    - Added Zend Framework and PDO
    - Work started on Postgres and SQLite ports
    - Expenses extension added
    - etc..

For a full list refer: http://code.google.com/p/simpleinvoices/wiki/done?ts=1253850557&updated=done#2009.1_series

Documentation:
    - Installing Simple Invoices: http://www.simpleinvoices.org/install
    - Upgrading Simple Invoices: http://www.simpleinvoices.org/wiki/upgrade
    - Simple Invoices help: http://www.simpleinvoices.org/help
    - Frequently Asked Questions: http://www.simpleinvoices.org/wiki/faqs
    - Simple Invoices config file options: http://www.simpleinvoices.org/config

Known issues:
    - French translation - the manage grids dont work
    - UI of Manage Extensions needs updating
    - not all extensions work

If you have any issues please post in our forum here:

Note:
    - backup your database before upgrading!
    - to see 2009.1 in action refer our demo site: http://simpleinvoices.org/demo

Cheers

Justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au
  • fairyjofairyjo September 2009

Wow, Justin,
    Congratulation on a good job done. I'm really looking forward to using Simple Invoices. Thanks for all your help :)
    Joanie

• Archon810Archon810 September 2009

Upgraded with no problems from RC!

P.S. Got this error upon posting of my reply:

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred
    Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    Unable to send email. The SMTP server reported the following error:
    Affected Elements
    Email.ServerParse();

The error occurred on or near: 503 5.5.1 Error: authentication not enabled

For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs

@joanie
    - thanks - hopefully we can get french working ok for you soon

@archon810

- thanks for reporting that the upgrade went OK!
    - re forum, thanks - have changed the smtp settings now - hopefully it works fine

cheers

justin

SmarterInvoices.com :: Simple Invoices hosting | Kelly.org.au :: Simple Invoices custom development | justin.kelly.org.au
  • joeprjoepr September 2009

Hello Justin,
    I'm very exited about the new official release, I have a working RC version working on my hosted site. I wanted to do a upgrade from RC to the official . I follow all the steps at the upgrade wiki page
    1. do a backup of the mysql database
    2. Make a copy of the config.ini

I uploaded the new script via ftp , rename my working directory of the RC to simpleinvoices2 and decompress the official release to simpleinvoices using the cpanel option on my hosted site. I put the database info at config.ini and when I call up my site http://mysite.com/simpleinvoices nothing show up on my browser.

Any recomendations?

• joeprjoepr September 2009

Fixed my problem, Upgrade is working . I re-uploaded the files individually and now I have the correct folder permissions. I will start playing with the other options soon.

Great work justin!!

hey joepr

edit config.ini and set error_reporting to E_ALL

refer http://simpleinvoices.org/wiki/how_to_display_php_errors_on_screen

and post any error messages

cheers

justin

posted the above to soon

thanks for the update

do you know what the permissions on the index.php file was when it didnt work and what they are now on the working version
    - just so if others have the issues

cheers

justin

• xtomxtom September 2009

Demo looks great, leaps and bounds better than the last version I tried a while ago. One question... Is it possible to display and email a statement of accounts for a particular customer?

• xtomxtom September 2009

Total owed by customer in all reports is giving an sql query error page in the demo.

@xtom
    - re statements
    -- Simple Invoices doesn't yet have statement functionality

re reports
    - thanks for reporting that - i'll fix it up with another release soon

cheers

justin

• jmruasjmruas September 2009

It's a pleasure to see this project growing up day by day. Thank you Justin!

I'm going now upgrade SI. For foreign language users, a special care, because the translation is out the language folder too.

BTW, here where I live, a biller is a legal company that pay taxes, not the user that makes and send an invoice. So, we just need to write the data company once. SI shows this info each time an invoice is created. Not a problem, just a curiosity.

I'm praying for coming soon the sequential numeration of the all kind of docs.

Thank you again and again and...

Jos

• KrisKris October 2009

well done on the release!

I am having trouble with pdf/print/doc/excel though.
    All is working fine with a fresh install, but if I try to migrate from my old 2007 version the pdfs, print etc come out as a white blank page.

error rep. says:

Notice: Undefined index: filetype in /var/www/vhosts//httpdocs/simpleinvoices/modules/export/invoice.php on line 16

Notice: Undefined variable: data in /var/www/vhosts//httpdocs/simpleinvoices/include/class/export.php on line 110

with the imported DB even the freshly created invoices do not export/print.

any ideas on how to migrate my old db?

Thanks in advance!
    Kris

• alexistkdalexistkd October 2009

I do fresh install from zero and when i add a product then i get: Processing, please wait .. error :S im using xampp latest version with windows xp.

• justinjustin October 2009

@ jose
    - thanks - sequential numbering will be soon

@ Kris
    - if your can view your invoices OK with a fresh install but not the migrated one i'll need to check out your database - maybe a sql patch didn't get applied correctly etc..
    - is there any chance you can send me a .sql of your db - note: your can remove all your customer, invoice, biller data
    -- justin _at_ kelly dot org dot au

@ Alexistkd
    - you may need to edit your php.ini file to set error_reporting to E_ERROR
    - the pages that list products etc.. currently don't work with error_reporting set to E_STRICT or E_ALL
    - let us know if this helps

cheers

justin

• romaroma October 2009

Some bugs to report:
    1. the .htaccess file to block config.ini is still not packaged. huge security risk!
    2. when you click on "add a new row" in invoice. It propagates the content from the first .
    3. when you add or delete a new row it scrolls the page to the top. annoying when doing lots of billing:-)
    4. it says "Hello [email protected]" at the top, even though logged in as another user
    5. the "unit price" is not auto calculated when an amount is entered into "Qty" field. Its also not auto calculated on save of invoice. leaves a $0 Unit prices even though qty has a value.

• jmruasjmruas October 2009

roma,

point 5 - I have no problem. The value (Qt. x unit price) is calculated on save.

• romaroma October 2009

Sorry, I didn't describe it correctly. I will try again. The "description" (product) won't propagate the unit price field unless its clicked on by the mouse. The only way to work around this is to make two products and select the second and then select the first again or fill in the unit field by hand. Also, I figured that on save it would check if qty has a value higher than 0 and multiply qty by product unit price for each row in the invoice, but it does not. For example, If you create a new invoice put 1 for qty and hit save, you will see this problem.

• romaroma October 2009

(one more)
    6. no button/link to log out of simple invoices.

@roma

re .htaccess

[email protected]:~$ wget http://simpleinvoices.googlecode.com/files/simpleinvoices.2009.1.zip
    Connecting to simpleinvoices.googlecode.com (66.102.11.82:80)
    simpleinvoices.2009. 100% |**************************************************************************************************************| 11755k 00:00:00 ETA
    [email protected]:~$ unzip -q simpleinvoices.2009.1.zip
    [email protected]:~$ ls -lah simpleinvoices
    simpleinvoices.2009.1.zip simpleinvoices/
    [email protected]:~$ ls -lah simpleinvoices
    drwxrwxr-x 15 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 .
    drwxr-xr-x 27 tux tux 4.0k Oct 5 08:55 ..
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 tux tux 217 Jan 14 2009 .htaccess
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 tux tux 794 May 11 2008 Credits.html
    -rwxrwxr-x 1 tux tux 25.3k Sep 23 2008 ReadMe.html
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 tux tux 1.7k Sep 24 2008 auto_complete_search.php
    drwxrwxr-x 2 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 config
    drwxrwxr-x 5 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 databases
    drwxrwxr-x 4 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 dev
    drwxrwxr-x 12 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 documentation
    drwxrwxr-x 8 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 extensions
    drwxrwxr-x 3 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 extras
    drwxrwxr-x 6 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 images
    drwxrwxr-x 6 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 include
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 tux tux 13.3k Jul 8 22:51 index.php
    drwxrwxr-x 25 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 lang
    drwxrwxr-x 9 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 library
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 tux tux 156 Aug 9 2008 mini.php
    drwxrwxr-x 23 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 modules
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 tux tux 308 Dec 4 2007 phpinfo.php
    drwxrwxr-x 4 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 templates
    drwxrwxr-x 5 tux tux 4.0k Sep 27 06:57 tmp
    [email protected]:~$ cat simpleinvoices/.htaccess
    IndexIgnore */*

<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess|htpasswd|ini|phps|fla|psd|log|sh)$">
    Order Allow,Deny
    Deny from all
    </FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(htm|html|css|js|php)$">
    AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
    </FilesMatch>[email protected]:~$

• romaroma October 2009

ahh:-) I was looking under the config folder and then also overwrote yours with my https rewrite rule. Ill add your back in. Thanks!

no worries - i'll review the rest of your posts soon

cheers

justin

justin bro im still getting: on this page index.php?module=customers&view=manage

Processing, please wait ..

my config.ini debug.error_reporting = E_ERROR

my php.ini debug.error_reporting = E_ERROR

running windows xp xampp 1.7.2

its strange maybe its an xammp issue with simpleinvoices?

Thanks in advance

hey alexistkd

try error_reporting = 0 in both places and let me know how it goes

cheers

justin

yeah maybe its xammp issue i already installed correctly in a paying hosting its strange

thankss bro :)

so error_reporting=0 fixed your problem?

exactly :)

thanks

• osvaldoosvaldo October 2009

Hello Justin,

I was trying the expense extension in this new version and now I get the following error when I set authentication.enabled = true

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Zend_Acl_Exception' with message 'Resource 'expense' not found' in /var/www/html/simpleinvoices/library/Zend/Acl.php:297 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/simpleinvoices/library/Zend/Acl.php(691): Zend_Acl->get('expense') #1 /var/www/html/simpleinvoices/include/check_permission.php(7): Zend_Acl->isAllowed('administrator', 'expense', NULL) #2 /var/www/html/simpleinvoices/include/init.php(171): include_once('/var/www/html/s...') #3 /var/www/html/simpleinvoices/index.php(26): require_once('/var/www/html/s...') #4 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/simpleinvoices/library/Zend/Acl.php on line 297

Would you please give me an idea on how I could go around this error?

Thanks

Cheers,

Osvaldo.

hey osvaldo

ithanks for reporting this

i'll have this fixed in the next release - due soon

to fix now edit include/acl.php

and add $acl->add(new Zend_Acl_Resource('expense')); in the $acl_>add section

let us know who you go

cheers

justin

• osvaldoosvaldo October 2009

Justin,

It works!!
    Thanks. I really wanted to move to this new release. Now I will.

Great Job!

Cheers.

no worries

• funkiwanfunkiwan October 2009

To address roma's point #5:

I'm having this issue, too. Currently, I only have one product enabled, so it's not even possible for me to change it to trigger the jquery. However, if line 102 in the simpleinvoices/include/jquery/jquery.conf.js.tpl file is changed from:

$(".product_change").livequery('change',function () {

to

$(".product_change").livequery('blur',function () {

it seems to work as expected. Just tab over the fields to have the unit price properly populated.

• osvaldoosvaldo November 2009

Hello,

I installed simpleinvoices.2009.1.update-1. Everything is working fine except for the following three reports under Debtors:

report_debtors_by_aging
    report_debtors_owing_by_customer
    report_debtors_aging_total

report_debtors_by_amount works fine.

The error that is displayed is:

OOOOPS, THERE'S AN ERROR HERE.
    There's an error on your SQL query.
    This error message was generated by phpReports.

I have searched the forum and I have found nothing regarding this issue with this last version. Please help.

Thanks,

Osvaldo.

• justinjustin November 2009

thanks osvaldo for pointing this out - this is an bug

i've added this to our todo list for the next release: http://code.google.com/p/simpleinvoices/wiki/todo

cheers

justin

• don_camillodon_camillo December 2009

Unit price doent calculate as roma said above.

Moreover i tried to change line 102 in the simpleinvoices/include/jquery/jquery.conf.js.tpl file is changed from:

$(".product_change").livequery('change',function () {

to

$(".product_change").livequery('blur',function () {

but still not working. Whats the problem?

• funkiwanfunkiwan December 2009

don_camillo: With the change listed above, if you tab into/out of the Description drop down, the Unit Price should recalculate. Are you saying you're not seeing that happening?

• juanmanuelrojasjuanmanuelrojas December 2009

im sorry here justin
    but the following.. has ben fixed? i have found this:

* add {{{set_include_path(get_include_path() .
    PATH_SEPARATOR . "./include/");}}} into init.php

but actually canf figure out what to do and where.
    sorry about it.. thanks
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    @xtom

- re statements
    -- Simple Invoices doesn't yet have statement functionality

re reports
    - thanks for reporting that - i'll fix it up with another release soon

cheers

justin
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• gourgour January 2010

Hiya!

For quite some time I was not able to look at SI being occupied with learning Python/Django technology to put together some web site(s) - it's really pity that SI are not written in Python/Django. :-/

Work started on Postgres and SQLite ports

Now I'm close to take another look at SI (before going to vacation), so I'm curious what is the state of Postgres and (now I see) SQLite ports?

Sincerely,
    Gour

Categories